So You Think You Can Brew!
A Homebrew Competition hosted by BottleMixx along with Raleigh Brewing Company, and Atlantic Brew Supply
In our eternal journey to seek out the best that beer has to offer, we turn to you, our loyal customers to bring us your best beers that you have brewed! We’re really looking forward to trying all the great beers being brewed in the garage’s and back porches of Raleigh!
As with any competition there are prizes! We think we’ve got some pretty good ones in store for the winner. To the winner goes; a $100 Atlantic Brew Supply Gift Card, a $50 BottleMixx gift card, and a trip to Raleigh Brewing Company to brew the winning beer where it will be put on tap for BottleMixx’s 6th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday October 27th!
Also since this is a competition we will have judges and scoring. The judging panel will be made up of industry professionals and BottleMixx, ABS, and RBC staff. While this is not an official Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) event we will be utilizing the BJCP scoresheet which scores a beer with a total possible of 50 points. Points are awarded for aroma, appearance, flavor mouthfeel, overall impression. A more detailed copy of the scoresheet can be found on our website www.bottlemixx.com/homebrew.
Also with any competition comes a set of rules. Unfortunately not every beer can be accepted for consideration as we need to be able to recreate the winning beer to put on draft for our anniversary. Here are a list of rules for the beer and submitting the beer:
- Entrants must be 21 or Older
- Amateur brewers only
- Must be an all grain beer (no extract) and must go from grain to beer in less than 4 weeks
- Single temperature mashing (no decoction)
- All pellet hops
- No wild yeasts or barrel aging
- Entry fee is $10 per beer with a max of 4 beers per person/team
- Entry fee is paid when samples are dropped off
- 2 – 12oz bottles of each beer must be submitted
- Bottles must be submitted with appropriate bottle label rubber banded on the bottle
- It might be a good idea to protect the paper label from moisture
- Beer must be dropped off at BottleMixx (8111 Creedmoor Rd #153 Raleigh, NC 27613) during business hours Monday July 23rd – Friday July 27th and must include a filled out submission form for each beer
- Labels are able to be printed at www.bottlemixx.com/homebrew
- Judging will take place on Saturday July 29th and the winner will be announced via email/social media on Monday July 30th
- Should your homebrew be selected as the winner, you and any Co-Brewer must assign any and all patent and intellectual property rights in your brew to Raleigh Brewing Company if requested
- All score sheets will be available for all beers submitted from Monday July 30th through Sunday August 5th
- Direct any questions to Dustin at email@example.com
In an attempt to anticipate the number of entrants, we ask for you to pre-register your beers at www.bottlemixx.com/homebrew